Ingredients for 1 serving
1 tbsp margarine
1 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
½ tsp olive oil
1/3 cup sliced onion
¼ cup barbecue sauce
¼ cup sliced red peppers
¼ cup sliced yellow peppers
¼ cup sliced green peppers
½ navel orange
½ tsp cumin
¾ tsp Cajun seasonings
2 oz spring salad mix
2 tbsp low-fat Italian dressing
1. Preheat oven to 275F
2. Heat 2 tsp margarine in heavy skillet. Saute onions until translucent, add barbecue
3. Reduce heat to simmer, hold warm
4. Spread olive oil on a piece of aluminum foil, sprinkle with Cajun seasoning
5. Pound chicken breast lightly and place on foil
6. Spread barbecue mix over chicken, sprinkle with ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
7. Fold foil over chicken and roll tight
8. Heat skillet, sear chicken, turning by ¼ turns
9. Place chicken in oven, bake for 25 minutes at 275
10. Remove from oven, let stand 5-10 minutes
11. Place spring salad on a plate
12. Saute peppers in 1 tsp margarine until tender, add cumin during process, place on salad.
13. Cut fruit into wedges, place around salad
14. Remove chicken from foil, slice into ¼ slices and place over salad.
WSJV-TV FOX 28
All content ©Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSJV. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Heather Stewart at (574) 343-5310. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.