• 1 ¼ cup kosher salt
• 2 lemon, cut into wedges
• 3 orange, cut into wedges
• 2 onions- quartered
• 1 pound carrots- course chopped
• 1 stalk celery
• 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
• 3 cloves garlic
• 4 bay leaves
• 1 tablespoon dried thyme
• 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 gallons cold water
1. Add salt, lemons, oranges, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and pepper into a large pot, bring to a boil, simmer 30 minutes with lid on. Chill stock over night. Place the turkey in the pot. Refrigerate overnight. Discard brine after removing turkey.
• 1/2 pound Monterey Jack Cheese-shredded
• 1/2 pound Velveeta-cubed
• 3/4 pound Cracker Barrel Vermont White Cheddar-shredded
• 1 quart Heavy Cream
• 1/8 teaspoon of Salt
• 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
• 3 tablespoons of Flour
• 3 tablespoons of Butter
1. In a 3 quart sauce pan add heavy cream, salt, pepper and bring to almost a boil, turn to medium heat. Add Velveeta, mix until dissolved, repeat process with the rest of the cheese until all cheeses are incorporated and turn heat to a low simmer. In a small skillet, medium high heat, add butter and flour, mix well, and cook the roux for 3-5 minutes. Make sure to keep stirring, add roux to cheese sauce and mix well, if it thickens to much add water to loosen it up. Add cheese sauce to you favorite cooked pasta, top it with a buttery cracker and bake in the oven until golden brown.
WSJV-TV FOX 28
All content ©Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSJV. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Heather Stewart at (574) 343-5310. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.