DETROIT (AP) - Detroit authorities say a space heater placed too close to flammable materials may have caused a fire that killed two men at a house on the city's west side yesterday morning. Family members say the victims include homeowner Richard Holmes. Crews arrived quickly from a fire station several blocks away to find the fire had spread fast.
KASSON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - A decade-long legal fight has continued with a judge denying a northern Michigan woman's request to mine gravel on her property. Circuit Judge Thomas Powers ruled last week that Edith Kyser can't mine the gravel on the land she owns in Kasson Township. The parcel borders the county's 5-square-mile gravel district but isn't part of it.
DETROIT (AP) - Detroit Lions owner William Clay Ford has died of pneumonia at 88. Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan says the grandson of auto pioneer Henry Ford was one of his struggling city's biggest boosters. Duggan says William Clay Ford's dedication to Detroit "was never more evident than ... with his decision to move the Detroit Lions back downtown."
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) - Organizers of Gilda's LaughFest have held a 5K race with a unique dress code. Runners in yesterday's 3.1-mile FUNderwear Run were encouraged by Gilda's LaughFest to wear underwear on the outside of their clothes. Organizers say about 300 people participated.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
WSJV-TV FOX 28
All content ©Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSJV. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Heather Stewart at (574) 343-5310. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.