Man injured in Elkhart apartment fire - Fox 28: South Bend, Elkhart IN News, Weather, Sports

Man injured in Elkhart apartment fire


An Elkhart man was injured during a fire at an apartment complex.

It happened around 4:30, Saturday afternoon at an apartment complex on Locust Street.

The fire department says cooking oil caught a stove burner on fire.

Fire fighters were able to put the fire out quickly, but the apartment was destroyed.

The resident, Charles Wagner, suffered burns and was taken to the hospital.

Wagner was helped out of his apartment via the balcony by a passerby.


Powered by WorldNow

Fox 28

58096 County Road 7, South
Elkhart, IN 46517

Switchboard: 574.679.9758
News Phone: 574.679.4545
Station Fax: 574.294.1267

All content ©Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSJV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Heather Stewart at (574) 343-5310. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at