FOX28 So You Think You Can Dance Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The "Fox28 So You Think You Can Dance Contest" ("Contest") is open only to permanent, legal United States residents who are physically located in the Fox28 WSJV terrestrial geographic viewing area in the counties of Starke, Marshall, Pulaski, Fulton, Kosciusko, Elkhart, St. Joseph and La Grange in the state of Indiana; the counties of Berrien and Cass in the state of Michigan; and who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the start of the Contest Period. Officers, directors, and employees of Contest Entities (as defined below) or of any other media company, members of such persons' immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings, and their spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or persons living in the same households as these persons (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Contest. Contest Entities, as referenced herein, shall include Fox28 WSJV, WSJV Television, Inc., Quincy Broadcasting Company, Quincy Newspapers, Inc., and each of their successors, parent companies, subsidiary companies, affiliates, divisions, franchisees, representatives, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers, distributors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their officers, directors, employees, shareholders and agents and any other entity involved in the development, administration, promotion, or implementation of the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Create an original video of you dancing. Send the video to USCOOP@fox28.com. The email must also contain your full name, age, address, and phone number, and it must be received by FOX28 by 5:00 p.m. on September 22, 2013. Entries must be submitted through USCOOP@fox28.com. Limit one entry per person. If detected, incomplete and multiple entries beyond one eligible entry are void. All eligible videos may be displayed by Fox28 on Fox28.com or elsewhere. The entrant is the person who submits the video. To be eligible, video submissions must meet the following criteria: (1) Videos must not contain any music unless it is music to which you own all rights. Videos containing popular music or music for which someone other than you holds any rights are ineligible. (2) Videos must be deemed family friendly, in the sole discretion of FOX28. (3) No personally identifiable information for any persons under the age of 13 may be included in the video. (4) You may only contribute videos that you have taken yourself or that you have all rights to transmit and license and which do not violate trademark, copyright, privacy or any other rights of any other person. (5) By entering, you grant permission for Fox28.com to receive and display the video. (6) You warrant that you have permission from any and all persons appearing in your video for you to make the submission and grant the rights described herein. (7) You may not contribute videos that contain expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity or pornography or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations. (8) You may not upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or this website. (9) By uploading a video, (a) you grant to Fox28.com, Sponsors, and Contest Entities a perpetual, nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free license to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the video and any material included in such video on the Internet, on television, and in, on, or through all other media; and (b) you certify that any person pictured in the submitted video (or, if a minor, his/her parent/guardian) authorizes Contest Entities to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute ("Use") the video and any material included in such video on the Internet, on television, and in, on, or through all other media; and (c) you agree to indemnify Fox28.com, Sponsors, and Contest Entities and their affiliates, directors, officers and employees and hold them harmless from any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from Use of the video and/or your failure to comply with these rules.
Videos that are initially displayed on Fox28.com and are later determined, in Fox28's sole discretion, not to be eligible will be disqualified and/or removed from Fox28.com. Fox28 will not verify receipt of entries. Fox28 is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Entries generated by any automated means and detected as such are void. Fox28 reserves the right to remove or disqualify any video submission that infringes or appears, in Fox28s' sole discretion, to infringe another party's intellectual property rights, or is lewd or indecent, or that contains expressions of hate, malice, racism, misogyny, or is otherwise distasteful or inappropriate in Fox28s' sole discretion.
4. HOW TO WIN: Five (5) Grand Prize Winners will be selected by judges appointed by Fox28. Judges will select the Grand Prize Winners from eligible entries based on their collective judgment of the appearance of the dance videos submitted. Factors considered by the judges will be originality and creativity (25%), ability and skill (50%), and execution (25%). The Grand Prize Winner entries may be displayed on the webpage on Fox28.com. Grand Prize Winners will be announced during one or more episodes of FOX28 News at 10 during the week of September 30, 2013. Grand Prize Winners will also be notified by phone, using the phone number provided with the entry.
Grand Prize Winner must respond within two (2) business days of Fox28's initial effort to contact the Winner or the prize will be subject to forfeiture. Grand Prize Winner will obtain certificates from Fox28 studios for presentation to the Morris Theater Will Call window on the night of the concert October 8, 2013.
5. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the Contest constitutes each entrant's consent to Contest Entities to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television, radio, or offline promotions), each winner's name, city, photograph, and likeness, voice, image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval.
6. PRIZES: Five (5) Grand Prize Winners will each be offered one pair of tickets (ARV $54) to the "So You Think You Can Dance 2013" Live Show scheduled for October 8, 2013, at 7:30 p.m. at the Morris Theater in South Bend, Indiana, and two "meet and greet" passes. Meet and greet portion of prize subject to availability of performers. Meet and greet portion of prize has no monetary value. Contest Entities make no guarantee about winner access to any particular performer(s). Performer appearances at meet and greet subject to availability, schedules, and other circumstances and conditions beyond the control of Contest Entities.
7. ODDS: Because selection of Grand Prize Winners does not depend upon chance, there are no "odds" of becoming a winner. Instead, Grand Prize Winners are selected as described above.
8. OFFICIAL RULES: Official Rules may be obtained by (i) logging onto http://www.fox28.com, or (ii) by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "FOX28 SYTYCD Video Contest RULES", 58096 County Road 7, Elkhart, IN 46517, or (iii) picking up a copy of the official rules at the FOX28 studios during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays). Rules requests must be received by 5:00 p.m. on September 30, 2013.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS: Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other causes which, in Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, (b) the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries pursuant to these Official Rules, or (c) the Contest becomes corrupted due to wireless carrier service interruption for any reason (d) the Contest is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities and each of their parent, subsidiary companies, affiliates, divisions, franchisees, representatives, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers, distributors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their officers, directors, employees, shareholders and agents, and each of the foregoing entities' employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Contest or acceptance, delivery or use of any prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless carrier service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections (ii) failure of any entry to be received in whole or in part by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or wireless calling/text message carrier service (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, misdirected, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and with all decisions of Sponsor. Sponsors reserve the right to permanently disqualify from any promotion any person they believe has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified if detected. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. In the event of dispute as to who submitted a text entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the subscriber of the wireless service plan for the handset that was used to submit the entry. Additional restrictions may apply.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant's heirs, executors, and administrators to indemnify the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by prize supplier that are sent along with prize and to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsors, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Contest at Sponsors' sole discretion. The failure of Sponsors to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsors (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other "force majeure" event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsors reserve the right to select Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted at the http://www.fox28.com. Sponsors may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Contest, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsors, or Sponsors' agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion).
10. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION THEN EFFECTIVE, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARD TO THIS CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Indiana or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Indiana. Arbitration in St. Joseph County, Indiana, shall be the exclusive forum and venue for any dispute relating to these Rules and for this Contest. If arbitration is prohibited, then and in such event, the courts of Indiana in St. Joseph County shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Indiana in St. Joseph County. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of the winners, visit www.FOX28.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by December 15, 2013, to: FOX28 So You Think You Can Dance Contest "WINNERS", 58096 County Road 7; Elkhart, IN 46517.
13. SPONSORS: FOX28 WSJV, 58096 County Road 7, Elkhart, IN 46517
WSJV-TV FOX 28
All content ©Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSJV. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Heather Stewart at (574) 343-5310. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.