Two people receive burns in Shipshewana explosion - Fox 28: South Bend, Elkhart IN News, Weather, Sports

Two people receive burns in Shipshewana explosion

Posted:

Two people have been taken to the hospital with what firefighters are calling "significant burns" after a Shipshewana fire, caused by an explosion.

It happened Thursday evening on the 1200 block of N 1200 W. Firefighters tell FOX28 it happened at a two-story home. Two people there at the time were pulled from the home. One was sent to a Fort Wayne hospital while the other one was treated in LaGrange County.

Crews say one of the homeowners was trying to light an outdoor propane grill and moved it into the home. A propane leak was sparked by what is being called a "nearby source."

FOX28 will bring your more information on this story as it becomes available both on air and online right here at FOX28.com.

 

Powered by WorldNow

Fox 28

WSJV-TV FOX 28
58096 County Road 7, South
Elkhart, IN 46517

Switchboard: 574.679.9758
News Phone: 574.679.4545
Station Fax: 574.294.1267
Email: fox28news@fox28.com

All content ©Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSJV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Heather Stewart at (574) 343-5310. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.