John Fischer - Fox 28: South Bend, Elkhart IN News, Weather, Sports

Chief Meteorologist

John Fischer

Posted:
Weather is kind of a sport. Every day it's me vs. Mother Nature. Can I figure her out or will she fool me. It's a fun game I've gotten to play here in Michiana since 1994 when I arrived to bring my forecasting skills from Syracuse, New York to WSJV's brand new morning show. Two years later I was moved to chief meteorologist and the night show and, after all these years, I still look forward to the game every day.

 In May of 1998 I decided to up the stakes by introducing the 5 Degree Guarantee. If I can't figure out Mother Nature within 5 degrees in my forecast I've got to pay cash to one of the thousands of loyal FOX28 viewers who has registered on FOX28.com. Over the years there have been times when I was wrong 3 times in one week, and other times I have been right over 50 times in a row (my personal best is 66). On average I and the FOX28 Weather team are right a little over 93% of the time; and it's that pesky remaining 7% that makes it such an interesting challenge every day.

Eventually my wife Kathleen & I plan on retiring here (our two daughters are now grown and gone, one to the east coast and one to the west coast) and continuing to enjoy all the Michiana area has to offer.

Thanks for watching and I appreciate your not rooting for Mother Nature too loudly.

Powered by WorldNow

Fox 28

WSJV-TV FOX 28
58096 County Road 7, South
Elkhart, IN 46517

Switchboard: 574.679.9758
News Phone: 574.679.4545
Station Fax: 574.294.1267
Email: fox28news@fox28.com

All content ┬ęCopyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSJV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Heather Stewart at (574) 343-5310. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.