Olive Oil - 3 Tbsp.
Cornmeal - 10 ounces
Red Onions - 6 ounces
Chili Powder - ½ tsp.
Garlic, Minced - 4 ounces
Cumin, Ground - 1 tsp.
Red peppers, Diced - 5 ounces
Sun-dried Tomatoes, Softened - 3 ounces
Green Peppers, Diced - 5 ounces
Black Beans - 12 ounces
Vegetable Stock - 1 quart
Cilantro, Chopped - 1/4 ounce
Salt - 1 tsp.
Flour as needed - ½ Cup
Cayenne Pepper - 1/4 tsp
Salt, to taste - ½ tsp
1. Heat a medium size skillet with olive oil. Sauté red onions and garlic until the onions are translucent. Drain and rinse black beans and set aside.
2. Add red and green peppers; cook for one minute.
3. Add Vegetable stock; when hot, slowly whisk in the cornmeal, reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every so often.
4. Stir in salt, cayenne pepper, chili Powder, cumin, sun dried tomatoes, black beans and cilantro.
5. Mixture should pull away from the sides of the skillet. Remove from heat.
6. Turn Mixture into a greased bread or loaf pan. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Un-mold loaf and cut into ten equal slices.
8. Lightly dust slices with salted flour mixture. Fry in olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
WSJV-TV FOX 28
All content ©Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSJV. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Heather Stewart at (574) 343-5310. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.