5 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
4 bananas, with peels
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup honey Clover, (orange blossom, chestnut, etc.)
1/2 cup flour
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 cups pecans, chopped
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
1. This step can be done the day before. Prick the sweet potatoes all over and roast for 30 minutes.
2. Add the bananas and continue roasting for 10 to 15 minutes, until both the bananas and potatoes are very soft.
3. Remove the pan from the oven but don't turn the oven off.
4. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh into a large mixing bowl.
5. Peel the bananas and add them to the bowl along with 1 stick of the butter Add the honey. Season with salt and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until ingredients are well combined and the mixture is fluffy.
6. Spoon into an ovenproof serving bowl and smooth the top.
7. In a mixing bowl, rub together the remaining stick of butter, the brown sugar, flour, and pecans until the mixture is the consistency of coarse crumbs.
8. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the sweet potatoes and return to the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes, until the crumbs are golden and the topping is bubbly
WSJV-TV FOX 28
All content ©Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSJV. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Heather Stewart at (574) 343-5310. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.