Risotto Bendix Woods
1 ½ cups chicken stock
1 ounce butter
1 ounce onions -- minced
4 ounces arborio rice
1 fluid ounces dry white wine
pinch saffron threads -- crushed
¼ cup maple syrup
1. Bring the chicken stock to a simmer.
2. Heat the butter in a large, heavy saucepan. Add the onion and sauté without browning until translucent.
3. Add the rice to the onion and butter. Stir well to coat the grains with butter but do not allow the rice to brown. Add the wine and stir until it is completely absorbed.
4. Add the saffron. Add the simmering stock, a little at a time, stirring frequently. Wait until the stock is absorbed before adding the next portion.
5. After approximately 18-20 minutes, all the stock should be incorporated and the rice should be tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup. Serve immediately.
WSJV-TV FOX 28
All content ©Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WSJV. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Heather Stewart at (574) 343-5310. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.